Sell Clothes You Don’t Wear With One of These Sites

Your closet may be hiding some cash…

clothes

All of us have many clothing items we seldom, if ever, wear. Taking advantage of seasonal sales and special deals is great, but sometimes we buy more things than we need.

You can bring the stuff from your closet to the consignment store, or do it online. There are a few services that will help you do this without ever leaving your home. Also, you may get more money by doing it online. Here are the those that we think are the best, which could help you make money from your old clothes:

1. thredUP

Thredup

This site is like an online consignment store that will buy clothing from you and offer it to other people. It lists more than 30,000 brands for women, kids and teens to choose from, including both favorites like J. Crew, Anthropologie, Kate Spade New York as well as little known designers.

In order to get into their system you will have to qualify, and by that we mean that you buy/own quality brands. Also, they tend to pay for stuff that is seldom used, and will thus pay you a little extra. There are guidelines on the thredUP website that explain what brands they accept and what amount of wear. Check it out before selecting this site over some other.

2. Poshmark

Poshmark

Poshmark is a social selling platform that acts like a middleman between buyers and sellers. It allows users to follow someone else’s closet and pick the things they want to buy. For every transaction performed, Poshmark gets a 20% cut leaving the rest (80%) to the seller. The site will also send you a shipping label to send the goods for free.

The site is apparently the #1 online consignment solution for a girl to sell her unwanted clothing in order to buy new things she’s coveting. Reportedly 1 in 50 American women have their closets open for sale on Poshmark…

3. Tradesy

Tradesy

Another platform on our list, Tradesy will take 9% of each sale, which makes it more affordable than competing services. The site features a fair amount of designer clothing, bags and wedding attire, as well as fitness clothing. I have hard time imagining someone taking (let alone buying) my old fitness gear, but then again — you may have the wrong size shirt. That could sell easily on Tradesy.

At the end — if none of the services described here can help you sell the stuff you don’t want — consider donating it. The goal is not just to make money from old clothes, but to have a cleaner closet, as well.

Finally, we would like to know how/whether some of these services work for you. Don’t hesitate to tell us in the comments form below. Good luck. ūüėČ

Share Your Thoughts