Part of Nielsen Holdings, Harris Poll Online is one of the most reputable online survey services, allowing its members to earn points for participating in surveys. Like other such services, it too won’t make anyone rich, but — on the other hand — it also won’t take too much of your time. In fact, if there is one thing we don’t like about Harris Poll Online it would be the fact that it offers just a few surveys per month. Read on for details…
- Reputable and respectable survey-taking service
- Users also participate in sweepstakes
- You earn points, not cash, which you can later redeem for gift cards
- The service is NOT mobile ready
- Free to join
How It Works?
Harris Poll Online offers points that CAN NOT be turned into cash; you can, however, redeem those points for gift cards, and some other things.
Reputable company: Harris Poll Online is part of Nielsen Holdings, the leading market research company that helps organizations all around the world.
Earning points: Each survey gets you between 75 and 150 points, based on how you qualify in the eyes of Harris Poll Online. Entering the 30-second qualification survey will also get you 15 points and an entry into the quarterly sweepstakes (more about them in a minute).
Payout: While you can’t get cash for your effort, you can opt for equally valuable gift cards from Amazon, Walmart, iTunes and a few others. Alternatively, points can be redeemed for magazine subscriptions and airline miles.
Surveys: Harris Poll Online emails you 3 to 4 surveys each month, and that’s about all you can get since there are no surveys available in the site’s dashboard. That’s why you should also sign-up for some other survey service.
Mobile ready: Unfortunately, Harris Poll Online does NOT have a mobile app of its own. Also, the website is NOT mobile-enabled so you can’t fill out surveys while on the go. Still, you should be able to complete those 3-4 surveys on your computer every month.
Sweepstakes: In addition to rewarding users for completing surveys, Harris Poll Online also runs $10,000 quarterly sweepstakes. You get entered into these with every survey taken, whether you qualify or not.
Availability: Harris Poll Online is available in a number of countries, including Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, the U.K., and the U.S. You must be at least 13 years old to participate.
- $0 – Harris Poll Online is free to join
- Reputable company – Harris Poll Online is owned by Nielsen, which provides market research services to major organization around the globe.
- Sweepstakes – it is nice to know that your loyalty is appreciated and that, in addition to paying members per completed surveys, you will also be participating in quarterly sweepstakes.
- Free to join – there’s nothing to lose. You can try it out and if it works for you, continue using it.
- No mobile app – meaning you will have to fill out Harris Poll’s surveys on your computer.
- Low survey invite rate – you won’t have much to do with Harris Poll Online, so you are best off signing up to some other survey sites, as well.
- No cash option – you can get gift cards though, some of which (i.e. Amazon and Walmart) you’ll definitely want to use.
Should You Sign-Up for Harris Poll Online?
Sure, why not? It’s free and even though it won’t make you rich, it also won’t take much of your time. So give it a try and every now and then respond to their surveys to earn points, and if you’re lucky – even win the big prize in their sweepstakes. Check it out, but make sure this isn’t the only survey site you’ll be signing-up for (if you want to make some money this way, that is).